Hard to Swallow Again

Monday, October 22, 2012


Look whats back! The beautiful Bird print that was so loved when it first appeared in black with green or with pink. I ordered this as I was unsure of the fabric but on close inspection I fear it is the same material as was used first time around which washed out terribly after just a couple of washes. It is a shame as it is a fantastic retro print and I would love to have it in a better fabric. I wait to hear some reviews on this item.

It is a different shape to the first version. There are no pockets and no elastic waist. Instead they have added a tie to the waist. The sleeves have a little cuff on them too. The dress is priced at £22.99 and if it was not for the terrible material I would be happy to pay it but as it is I like to get a few wears out of my clothes before they look like they are years old and faded.

The Lipstick is by MUA and shade 1. A dark red/plum which went perfect with the dress.







You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Cute outfit! Just found your blog and am catching up on your posts.

    Question: the leggings you are wearing...where are they from? They look comfy!

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leggings are a size 22 from Tesco and come in a pack of 2 for £10 :)

      Delete
  2. Such a shame because it's such a lovely dress. I love the colour and the pattern. I used to have the red and navy dresses with the design on a couple of years ago xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt evrn know they did a red and blue version! :O

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:10 am

    What a great colour! Beautiful for autumn. Bummer if it's going to wash out before winter though! Love the lipstick too, great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it be weird of me to ask if you know your measurements? I'm ordering some things from New Look and for some reason I'm not trusting my own judgement! I think we probably have fairly similar shapes, so I was just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bust is 55inch and hips 60inch. As i have a double belly my waist is under my boobs since i dont wear skirts on my actual waist. My under boob measures 50inch and it works fir skirts and skater style desses as my bust takes up most of the chest area and pulls any waist of a dress higher on me. Hooe that helps. Ohh i am also 5'3" so things are longer on me. I fit most 24 new look items that have a stretch. Non stretch items i am a 26 and also Praslin range i am 26. But coats i seem to manage a 24. Email me if you need anything else lollylikes@gmail.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, that's really helpful! We're fairly close, so that gives me a really good idea :) I'm considerably taller though, I always have trouble with things being too short!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed