Turning Japanese

Friday, August 08, 2014

The Kimono has been around for hundreds of years as traditional Japanese dress but in recent times it has been made more wearable and fashionable. Everyone in the fashion magazines have one and it has been full embraced this summer by fashionista! I am a little late to the kimono party. I had looked at one last year and thought it was something I would have worn back when I was unhappy about my fat and only wore things to try to hide my lumps and bumps. Saying that I was looking for something light I could throw on in the summer evenings that would still be stylish and came to the conclusion that the kimono is the perfect item for this. (like i said, a little late to the party!)

I saw this one on Asos and loved that it had flowers and polka dots and was a stretch fabric rather than a blouse fabric. I then realised I have nothing to wear with it! I am a lady who has all the patterns and no plain tops so of course I had to get some of them too. What started my Asos haul was these leggings. They are supposed to be cropped but as I am tiny I figured these would be the perfect full length on me. They are the softest, most comfortable and stretchy leggings I have ever had on my body and honestly it feels like I am not wearing anything!

How cooool are these glasses!!! You saw my black ones in the previous post and got these ones as glasses rather than sunglasses. I am in love! They go perfectly with the colours in the kimono. They also come in purple, white and brown. You can have them with or without prescription lenses and are from the U.S company iclickoptical. Details below.






Kimono - Asos Curve Kimono Floral Spot Print size 28 £30 
Leggings - Asos Curve Cropped Leggings size 26 £8
Vest - Asos Curve Swing Vest size 26 £12
Shoes - Primark £5
Glasses - iclickoprical 2153 Gr Pink Sunglasses $7.95
Necklace - Mermaid Pearl necklace Charcoal Designs


Below are some other fabulous glasses and sunglasses available from iclickoptical!






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Haven't mentioned it before, but I love your hair that way :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed