105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Sarah & Ben

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Sarah and Ben
St. Helens


Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We met in early 2009 when I was 20 and he was 21 when we were studying at Hull University. We both volunteered at a student run Advice Centre in the student union. I thought he was really annoying at first, but as time went on I found myself switching my shifts just so I could be on with him! We had our first date at The Deep aquarium in Hull and have been together ever since.   


When did you get married and where?

We got married on the 26th of July 2014 in my hometown in North Lincolnshire. We got married in Wrawby Church and had our reception at Newstead Priory Cadney. We fell in love with the venue as soon as we saw it, as it was perfect for a small intimate wedding. 



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 22 when I got married.  I did feel a lot of pressure to lose weight from those around me. People were always asking me what diet I was on, presuming I was ‘shredding for the wedding’. I have struggled with my weight since childhood, but I was the happiest I had ever been in my life, and I didn’t feel the need to change myself completely for one day , when my future husband loves me whatever dress size I am. 


What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I was extremely nervous about wedding dress shopping. I had visions of being turned away from hundreds of shops as they are no dresses in my size. In reality I visited three shops in total, ringing ahead to see if they had any plus size dresses. As expected it was only one or two , and although they were beautiful dresses I didn’t find ‘the one’. 
It was then I researched plus size wedding shops and I found The Big Day in Castleford. From the moment I walked in I had free reign of the shop and it was glorious to be able to  fit in to every dress in the shop! 
As soon as I tried on my dress from the Sincerity line, I knew it was the one. I paired it with my dream full length veil and I experienced the cliqued emotional moment, even my mum cried! 


Describe your day.

I can honestly say it was one of the best days of my life. It was the small intimate wedding I had always dreamed of, and the weather was absolutely boiling hot. We had both lost parents in the space of two years before the wedding so the day was doubly emotional for us. I  wasso nervous, but I remember seeing Ben at the top of the aisle absolutely beaming and my nerves washed away. It was a very relaxed reception with lawn games and Jenga, with afternoon tea and a gorgeous hog roast. It was the perfect day for us. 


Anything else you want to add

Your size shouldn’t define your happiness. I am currently in the process of losing weight, and I have been bigger than I was on my wedding day. So what! This does not matter. Love and marriage know no size. Do what is right for you and enjoy your wedding. I loved every minute of it.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed