105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Jenn & Drew

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Jenn & Drew
Portland, Oregon, USA

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We met online on a dating site but were both coincidentally just looking for friends. He was moving to Oregon from Pennsylvania and needed someone to show him around and I was looking for new friends to hang out with. We talked over text and on the phone for a couple of months before he moved but once  he got to Portland though and we met in person it was pretty obvious it was going to lead to more and we've been together ever since.



When did you get married and where?

We got married on November 22nd, 2014 in a local park right up the street from the house we lived in together at the time.



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 18.



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

 It was a little overwhelming. I didn't want a traditional dress which I thought would make things easier but really just complicated everything. I was at an awkward size where I wasn't small enough to find something decent in any normal stores but wasn't quite big enough to find anything decent in plus size store either. I ultimately started hitting up malls and my Mom and I found the dress I chose at an Ann Taylor store on a whim. I'd never shopped there before and probably never will again. 



Describe your day.



It was wonderful! We had a really small ceremony with just 3 or 4 friends, my brother and his girlfriend did the photography for us and one of our good friends performed the ceremony. We walked over to the park together for the ceremony and had finished everything up within 15 or 20 minutes. Afterward we went back to our house and had cupcakes and champange with everyone and then Drew and I left for our honeymoon at the coast. It was really easy and stress free, I loved every minute of it!










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed