105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Katt & Matthew

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------

Katt & Matthew
Brighton, United Kingdom

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

Matthew and I met on a dating site, oddly enough. We starting talking on a Friday, met the following Wednesday and were together by that Friday! We haven't been apart since and a year down the line, we became engaged and then wham! 6 months after that, married. 



When did you get married and where?

We got married in May 2014, we had our little wedding at the Brighton Town Hall, just in the small reception office, which is exactly what I wanted. A lot of brides want a big wedding or feel like it's the thing to do but I don't. I'm not a big fan of big weddings or a lot of attention and stress, So we decided to go with the small room and only 4 guests each, it was so relaxed and absolutely wonderful!



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 22 and wore a size 24 dress. I'm not a girl to shy away from my dress size and I'm always open about it. It's only a number after all.



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I like to think of myself as very lucky. I'm not a traditional girl, so I didn't go down the traditional route with a gown or a white dress. I ordered off Lindy Bop website and went with a pale yellow dress, 50's style, which is my favourite look. I did have to size up however, the first dress they sent just wouldn't do up on the chest, which was a shame but I do admit, I'm a busty girl so it wasn't that much of a surprise.

I went with the non traditional route because I didn't want the stress or hassle that I knew would happen if I wanted a gown or a traditional dress, knowing that I would have to pay A LOT of money to get a dress that even, sort of flattered me. So I went with what I knew and what would work with my tastes and budge.


Describe your day.

My day started with the usual, getting up and having my breakfast. Then I curled my hair and ran around the house with rollers in while doing my make up. At this point, My future husband is still in his dressing gown, the lucky sod. I managed to get ready in a rather short time. We then took a taxi to the town hall, waited for our 8 guests to arrive and got on with the wedding! Which, despite it being such a small ceremony, made me so nervous! I couldn't stop giggling when we had to say our vows, which makes me think what I would have been like had it been a large wedding! After things where done, we then went and had a family meal at a local Italian place and then took a walk along the sea front before going home! A lot of people think it's a bit odd that we didn't go off on a grand honey moon or adventure but what we did do, was perfect. It was our day, just for us and not stress trying to make our families happy. I wouldn't change it for the world.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed