105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Becky & Michael

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Becky & Michael
Grimsby, England, UK

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We met through an online dating site in 2006, we chatted for a couple of months online and on the phone and then had our first meeting in Lincoln. I gave all my friends his number and details and told him that if I wasn’t home by five they would report him to the police!!!



When did you get married and where?

We got married in May 2009 at a beautiful hotel just outside Grimsby called Stallingborough Grange. 




What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 22.



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I had it in my mind I was just going to go to a high street department store and buy something off the peg, but then I ran into an old school friend at a wedding fair who runs a bridal shop, she persuaded me to come in and try some dresses on. She had a few plus size samples thankfully and my dress was the second one I tried on, I fell in love with it. Nikki and the staff were wonderful. 



Describe your day.

It was a beautifully clear sunny day, we had around 50 guests for the day time. We married in a civil ceremony at the hotel and then we had drinks on the lawn which was gorgeous, before lunch was served. I just remember laughing a lot, it was a joyful day filled with all the people I love. I wasn’t nervous at all, but I remember waiting to walk up the aisle and my music came on, Moonlight Serenade by Glenn Miller and I just burst out crying! I think the emotion of it all took me by surprise! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed