105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Beate & René

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------

Beate & René
Zams, Tyrol

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We met in a chatroom in 2001, a friend we knew from there invited us to visit her and that was where we first saw each other 



When did you get married and where?

We got married on May 14th 2004 in my hometown Zams (René is originally from the other side of Austria, about 600km from here).


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was about the same size I am now (as the dress still fits) - uk 24, I don't know Renes size, but I guess it's 3xl


What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

Finding a suit wasn't that complicated, as most warehouse catalogues cater to bigger men sizes. I went to the biggest shop for gowns in our area and - oh surprise - they had some dresses I could try on. The one I liked best unfortunately was way too expensive for me. After crying at home, my mom called a friend of hers, that is tailor and I got my dress tailored (which was much cheaper) and I loved it (and still do). It is quite simple, but then I hadn't got the confindence to wear something more opulent then, today I would probably go for something else


Describe your day.

It was a rather gloomy day and I hoped, that at least it wouldn't rain. In the morning I had to run errands (eg get the flowers for the party) and at noon I had an appointment at the hairdressers. The man who should have done my hair was ill and the lady who was there didn't know anything - what a shock! But she was really flexible and did my hair as I wanted it to. When I got home, my bridal bouquet waited for me (it's tradition, that the maid of honour gets it for the bride) - this was the first time, I cried that day...it was the bouquet I dreamt of since I was a child....from then on time flew by, we had the appointment at the registration's office at 4pm and at about 3 all of our guests (we were a party of 35) gathered at my parent's. The ceremony was really, really nice, as I know the registrator and afterwards we headed to the location. Zams is quite small, so my parent's house, the town hall and the location were in walking distance. The location was so lovely decorated and we had really, really good food. We didn't want a big party, so it was more comfy and not about partying all night. 


Anything else you want to add.

To all the future brides - don't let anyone dictate your big day. It is YOUR day, not your parents' or friends' or anyone elses. We didn't have a big budget, but you can do a lot of things by yourself. I made the invitations and presents for the guests. We didn't have a fancy location or fancy food at our party, but that was okay. We had our day, and almost 12 years later, we love to think back to then :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed