105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Jordann & Andrew

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------

Jordann & Andrew
Devon, UK  

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?


I am originally from Adelaide in South Australia and Andrew is from Exeter in Devon. We met at a party in my hometown, Andrew was visiting friends that I also knew and we ended up in the same room at the same time. After 5 years of visiting and flying back and forth, I moved to the UK to live permanently in 2015.


When did you get married and where?

We originally got married in June 2015 due to fulfilling visa requirements but that's not what we consider our "real" wedding. We got married again on the 24th of October 2015 at the Italian Villa at Compton Acres in Poole, Dorset. This was an opportunity for my family to fly over and join us for a big celebration, and to wear the big white dress! 




What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

In regular clothing I'm a UK26, but my wedding dress was a US20, so about a size UK24. My dress was an Alfred Angelo from their PS collection, which has now been incorporated into their regular collection as extended sizes.



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I started looking for my dress while back in Australia and I visited a few bridal stores. I only came across one assistant who was a bit snotty, but the last boutique I went to was fantastic and the lady was really helpful. She knew I didn't want to drop almost £1.5k on a dress so she let me copy down the sizes and brands of the dresses I tried on and let me go away to find them cheaper online. I ended up buying an Alfred Angelo sz20 ex-sample dress off of a stockist going out of business in the US for $220 (about £100). I got the dress after a few weeks and it fitted perfectly and needed no alterations whatsoever. I chose later to have sheer sleeves put on the dress, because having a sleeveless dress in mid-Autumn seemed a bit too optimistic. My mother finished off the dress by handmaking a belt in the same lace with an antique brooch at the front. It made my dress unique and I loved it. 


Describe your day.

Our day was fabulous and we couldn't have asked for anything more. I was 45 minutes early to the wedding ceremony, I arrived before Andrew did! The venue's staff were seamless and held the entire day together so well. We had all of our lovely family and friends there, and everything was just perfect. I was half expecting something to blow up or fall over! A good friend of ours performed the ceremony because it didn't have to be a legal blessing, and it made the day really relaxed. We had gold, white and cream as our colour theme, which was easy to work with and all of our decor had a vintage and timeless aspect. We both enjoyed ourselves so much and it was a wonderful way to get both our families together. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed