105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Rebecca & Darren

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Rebecca & Darren
Warrington Cheshire, UK


Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

Darren was born is Kilmarnock but grew up in Kent and I was born and raised in Nottingham but we now live in Warrington Cheshire. We met when we were both living in London through a internet gaming community and started as friends but it obvious from the beginning that there was more.


When did you get married and where?

We got married on 21st February 2009 at West Bridgeford registry office in Nottingham which is a beautiful grade 2 listed building with beautiful gardens and even though it was February it was a lovely sunny day, cold but sunny.



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 18/20 when we got married but over the years I've been everything from a 16 to a 28



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

Being a plus size woman I didn't feel comfortable going wedding dress shopping so I looked online and saw a dress I liked on the Evans website and ordered it so I've never actually tried any other dresses on which is something I thoroughly regret now.


Describe your day.

We got married at 4pm so I spent the night at my parents house and Darren stayed in a local hotel, I travelled to the registry office with my dad and as silly as it sounds when we arrived I cried I think now it was because I hated the dress and my hair which for some stupid reason I'd decided to have curly and it looked awful. 

My mother in law (to be) decided now was a good time to tell me it wasn't too late to change my mind. I'd been in hospital the previous October to December with complications after losing our first baby to Anencephaly so I think she thought us getting married was a knee jerk reaction but we'd got engaged before we lost our baby. We do laugh about her saying it now and luckily for Darren I really wanted to marry him. 


I walked down the aisle to Take That's Greatest Day, we had 2 readings and then signed the register to I believe in a thing called love by the Darkness, we then walked away and had photos done to Stevie Wonders Signed, Sealed delivered. Our reception was a local pub we didn't have the money for a big sit down meal and dancing again something I wish we could have done but that's life. Everyone had a good time and we were surrounded by our loved ones which is all you can ask.










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed