105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Katie & Jonathon

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Katie &Jonathon
Devon, England UK

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

I met Jonathon on Omegle, which is actually like a less classy chat roulette (if you can believe that exists). The same day we started texting and this is where we are today! 



When did you get married and where?

We got married on the cheap because the most important thing for us was to actually be married, so the showyness wasn't that important. We got married on the 30th October 2015 and it was a Halloween themed wedding. We had the ceremony in Kingsbridge registry office and the reception in the Royal Seven Starts Hotel, Totnes. 



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

When I got married I was a size 22 although my dress was a 24 to allow for alterations. 



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

Finding a dress was hellish. The first few shops I went in to were very cute little boutiques that stocked size 14 as a maximum and suggested I order and paid for the dress based on 'imagining what I might look like'. I always wanted a big montage like an 80s movie and I definitely didn't get that. I got a lot of feeling embarrassed about my size and shape and a lot of worrying just how heavy duty my underwear was gonna have to be to keep me in the dress! 



I eventually found a very lovely lacey 50sish dress that I actually felt pretty in! But it took a lot of looking. For Jonathon it wasn't miles easier though. He's about 5'11 and weighs a mighty 9.5 stone so finding something not in the children's section for him wasn't easy either! 



Describe your day.

My advice to anyone getting married would probably be wear a go pro in your hair for the day because that's gonna be the only way you remember it properly! It goes in a blink and is the scariest, most perfect day you'll experience. My father in law had to put my shoes on for me because I was shaking so much, and i got this ridiculous idea in my head that Jon wasn't going to turn up. I look back at the photos now and get cross because my hair was awful and I was so hot all day but when I was actually there it was perfect! It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do with my anxiety and other mental health conditions and it was so difficult to do it without my father who had passed away ten months before, but it was also the most incredible, beautiful day and I will remember it forever and always! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed